Position Title: Line Service Manager
Reports to: FBO Manager
The Line Service Manager operates the line service department efficiently and effectively by supervising and coordinating line service employees and activities.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervises all line service employees.
- Maintains line service staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results, contributing to the team effort, providing information and educational opportunities and training employees.
- Maintains line service staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Accurately completes and maintains all necessary personnel documentation on line service employees for the Company as well as for the Department of Airports.
- Accurately completes and maintains all training documentation for all line service personnel.
- Assesses customer satisfaction with goods or services by analyzing and interpreting results; designing and implementing line service training programs.
- Resolves customer dissatisfactions by reviewing, evaluating and settling complaints and claims; following up with customers; personally resolving difficult situations.
- Ensures operation of equipment and facilities by establishing preventative maintenance requirements; conducting inspections; communicating maintenance services, maintaining equipment quality control, and by evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Enforces company and customer policies and procedures including safety, quality, and security programs. All respective manuals are to remain current. Any corrective actions due to internal or external audits are addressed and implemented in an acceptable time frame.
- Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; scheduling manpower effectively; analyzing variances and initiating corrective action.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and benchmarking state-of-the-art practices.
- Continually seeks growth and increased profitability.
- Remains alert to safety and security issues at all times.
- Informs the FBO Manager of any performance needs.
- Ensures compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and organizational standards including all department managerial responsibilities regarding the Safety and Quality Management Systems. Identify any deficiencies, develop, implement, and verify preventative and corrective measures and will be held accountable for quality and safety results. Communicate any appropriate issues with the proper regulatory authority regarding issues of safety and quality.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, the Line Service Manager should demonstrate the following:
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance, and meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming, maintains confidentiality, keeps emotions under control, remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
Managing People – Exhibits confidence in self and others, inspires and motivates, take responsibility for subordinates’ activities, provides performance feedback, fosters quality and safety in all operations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.