Reports to: Line Manager
Status: Full Time, Weekends Required
Expectations for All Employees:
All employees support the organization’s mission, vision, and values by applying the principles of trust, honesty, respect, integrity, and commitment that is exhibited through a collaborative culture based on safety, quality, and security.
Customer Service Agent must possess the ability to provide quality Customer Service to customers wishing to travel and utilize the baggage/cargo service at the airport location. Part-time position with a possibility of going full-time. Sunday is required every other week, and availability must be flexible.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
Cultivate and maintain positive relationships with all Internal and External Customers to ensure the carriers success.
- Handles all aspects of ticketing and checking in of Customers by operating a computerized point-of-sale system, boarding, baggage service and reservations.
- Handles all cash and credit card transactions in the purchase/refunds of tickets
- Have the ability to resolve Customer complaints in a satisfactory manner.
- Be able to handle situations in a timely manner which may include over sales, delayed or cancelled flights, and any issued revolving around lost/damaged luggage.
- Completes paperwork and forms connected with work assignments pertaining to procedures and enter into Company’s information system as required.
- Comply with all regulatory, legal, and Safety Management System requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Customer Service – Manages difficult or emotional customer situations, responds promptly to customer needs, solicits customer feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance, and meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills – Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming, maintains confidentiality, keeps emotions under control, remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- A Secured Identification Display Area (SIDA) badge is required for the security access.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to lift and move items of 70 pounds and/or more on a regular basis and repetitively lift weights of 40-50 pounds on raised surfaces. Must maintain well groomed appearance and meet uniform appearance standards.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.