If you are craving for great movies and up-and-coming directors from all over the world then you are in for a treat this January 2013. It is that time of year once more as the Sundance Festival is inching closer and closer each day. This year’s event will take place from January 17 to January 27, 2013 at Park City, Utah and will surely be one event that you never want to miss to start out the new year.
If you love movies and you would like to get a first-hand experience at one of the best film festivals in the entire world or you would like to rub elbows with your favorite actors, better get your bags packed as the Sundance Film Festival is surely the best place to go to.
If you are planning to attend this amazing festival, check out the guide below to help you by giving some useful tips on how to have the best Sundance experience possible.
Sundance Lodging and Accommodations
Lodging can be one of the first things to go in Sundance as hordes of people arrive in Park City as early as the first few weeks of January to partake the event. The best place to be in the city is anywhere near Main Street so if you can find accommodations there that would be great. Here is a list of some great hotels that you should try to check out:
- Club Lespri
- Silver Lake
- Deer Valley
- Park City Mountain Resort
- Marriott Summit Watch
- Yarrow Hotel
- The Grand Summit
- Westgate Park City Resort & Spa
- Waldorf Astoria
- Copperbottom Inn
- Hotel Park City
- Park City Peaks
How to Find Sundance Tickets
What good would it be to attend Sundance and not see a movie or two, or three, or maybe all? Well, if you want to know how to score some tickets to some great movies, the official Sundance website has provided a simple how-to guide that will surely aid you in getting the tickets you want. You can also purchase your tickets there with just a few clicks of your mouse. Just visit their website at http://www.sundance.org/festival/tickets/how/ for further details and announcements.
Food and Dining
There are tons of restaurants when you attend the Sundance Film Festival which caters to all kinds of palettes of customers from all over the country. You may also be surprised to see a famous actor or actress in one of the great restaurants around the area. If you want some Italian food, Buona Vita and Grappa Italian Restaurant are nice restaurants and both are located just along Main Street. Other amazing options that you should definitely check out are the ones listed below.
- Prime Steak House
- High West Distillery & Saloon
- Easy Street
Other Activities That You Can Enjoy
If you are not only into movies and you would like to try out other events at the festival, here are some of the things that you should definitely do while at Sundance this year.
- Bar Hopping – If you like to party and have a good time, checking out some of the great bars around the area is surely a must-do. There are a lot of bars that you can frequent but among the best are No Name Saloon, Bistro 412, and Harry O’s.
- “Star” gazing – When I say stargazing I don’t mean looking at the sky and checking out constellations. With the influx of top celebrities, it can be very fun and exciting endeavor to try and get a peek or better yet a picture with your favorite celebrity. You are likely to find some top actors and actresses at the local Starbucks or possibly at some of the restaurants around the city.
Most Anticipated Movies of Sundance 2013
Despite the tons of fun activities that you can enjoy at Sundance, at the end of the day it will still boil down to enjoying movies. Here is a list of some of the most anticipated premieres from this year’s Sundance Film Festival movie lineup.
- Before Midnight
- Don Jon’s Addiction
- The East
- The Way, Way Back
Here are some other premieres that should be on your must-see lists at this year’s festival:
- The Look of Love
- The Necessary Death of Charlie Countryman
- Top of the Lake
- Very Good Girls
Tips for First-Timers to Sundance
If it is your first time to attend Sundance, here are some important tips that you should keep in mind:
- Be Prepared for a Crowd – Sundance is becoming more and more popular each year and with it comes the tons of people wanting to experience it first-hand. That is why you should be prepared for a crowd during the festival which would mean long waits and busy streets. Expect this from the very beginning of your trip so that you can plan accordingly.
- Book Your Tickets and Make Reservations Early – This is one of the most important things that you should do when planning a trip to Sundance. Lodging and accommodations can be fill up very quickly which is why it is advised that you make your airline and hotel reservations ahead of time.
- Plan Your Itinerary – There are a ton of movies that are must-sees during the festival and picking out which one to go to at the last minute can end up causing arguments with your companions. That said it is best if you plan out which screenings you are going to at which times so that you won’t have any issues. Just remember to arrive at the cinemas pretty early to avoid the long lines that will surely be present.
Hopefully this guide has helped you in planning out and enjoying this year’s Sundance Festival. Be sure to enjoy and have a great experience at one of the best film festivals in the world!